Sunday, December 5, 2010

Final Thoughts...

I'm actually kind of happy with my topic and the way my research proposal is turning out. I changed the topic almost completely from the SSHRC proposal and I think I made the right choice.
Maybe I'm not as panicked about it because I have no intention of doing this research?? But then again, that could mean I'm glossing over some pretty big holes... but let's not think about that.. ^_^

Maybe I shouldn't say this but for the first few weeks I really did not want to write this blog. I didn't think I had anything to add and I wasn't convinced that it would help me at all. Was I ever wrong. In the course of writing my research proposal I've come back to this blog maybe 2 or 3 times to look at what I said about a certain reading or concept. In all of those instances I was able to incorporate my blog post into my paper!

That was a great lesson to learn and if I'm organized enough I might start keeping a journal/blog for all of my courses, but that's a pretty big if.

Good luck on your proposals! And enjoy your holidays, when we finally get to them!

2 comments:

  1. LoL Varsha. You weren't there for our second group 1 blog visit, but I was saying how much I dislike research diaries/logs. All I can say is that if you become famous make sure you burn your diaries before you die!! Otherwise people will scrutinize your personal thoughts forever ... lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha good point. I'll keep that in mind :P

    ReplyDelete