Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ruminations Part 3 - valid invalid?

Gah!
I keep worrying that my research won't be considered internally valid, let alone externally (actually I'm pretty sure that's no on the external). I keep trying to think of all the angles and research-y ways that I could make it more internally valid but its turning into a monster! Even if I was doing a thesis there is no feasible way I could do this on my own within say a year, I'd need like five or a large staff. I'm begining to wonder if the entire topic isn't just to big, or if I'm making it to big because I want to go off into the wilderness and explore this one area that everyone seems to be ignoring, maybe there was a reason for this ignoring in the first place, or not and I'm just making this bigger than it needs to be because that just what I do.
Argh!
Brain work now!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way Alisha. I feel as though even though I'm trying to narrow down the topic, it insteads begins to expand in a different area.

    I also feel as though I cannot chop it down too much as I won't be near the 5000 word minimum.

    arghhh!!

    hang in there! I'm in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just it I could potentially make it really narrow and specific but then it would fall so short of the min 5000, so instead it just keeps getting bigger!!!!

    ReplyDelete