Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting Down to Brass Tacks

In looking at some of the SSHRC Proposal examples, it was brought home to me how specific one should be in outlining one's intended research methods (this may have been a topic of conversation during class in week 4, but I was unable to attend - sorry if I am treading beaten ground). At the same time, Knight's detailed description of the sorts of inquiry methods one can undertake with human subjects allowed me to think about the ways in which I might be able to structure my own research. At face value, my research interest is mainly in discovering the potentials of developing software applications for use in a specific field of study; during my last post, I pictured my research in this area to focus mainly on the digital resources already available and to draw conclusions about areas for development/improvement, but now, and especially in light of discussion in INF 1003 (Information Systems, Services and Design) about the importance of consultation in the development stage of an information system, I realize that I will need to also come up with a more comprehensive strategy, employing one or more face-to-face inquiry methods, for discovering how researchers in the specific field of study I am attempting to develop resources for might use the tools I hope to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment