Saturday, October 2, 2010

SSHRC Proposal Conclusions

The SSHRC proposal that I looked at in class last week focused on bibliographic metadata. We outlined the proposal as containing six steps:


1. Who am I? What is my program?


2. Broad subject of research, general area


3. Introducing key researchers and research areas, more specific, including goals


4. Methodology and research questions


5. Who cares? Practical uses for research


6. Conclusion, summary


These steps make sense to me and allowed me to see the importance of starting broadly and becoming more specific as the proposal progresses. While doing this, it seems important to call attention to the importance of your research throughout. I think the way the author did this in his/her proposal was particularly strong, particularly reinforcing the necessity of his/her research in the conclusion, so as to leave the reader considering the necessity of this research. I have a better idea of the information that needs to be included in a SSHRC proposal, now I just have to have a more concrete research question.

No comments:

Post a Comment