Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Introduction

Hi Everyone.
This is my first time every blogging and it is definitely new and exciting. I wanted to open this blog by introducing myself. My name is Christina and I am new to the Faculty of Information's iSchool. I am pursuing my Master of Information in the library stream to hopefully achieve my dream job of "fight crime with books", while working for CSIS. I am very interested in crime, law and government policy so I feel that this is the perfect job for me. During my undergraduate degree, I worked as a student assistant helping patrons with their reference questions. It was in this position that I discovered that my boss had a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science in order to do what she did. I decided then that to achieve my dream job and come to study at the iSchool.

1 comment:

  1. On the "fight crime with books" note... have you seen the Adopt a Library (http://www.fightingcrime.ca/) stuff? At home (East Coast) this has become quite a big deal... I worked pretty closely with John Kennedy, the RCMP officer who started the whole thing.
    ... seems like it might be up your alley... although it's geared toward kids and education. :)

    ReplyDelete