Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bulletproof your papers!

I think I have been so focused on finishing the peer review assignment that it has been consuming my mind! I looked at Barbara Bergman's paper for the assignment and was disappointed with her lack of data. After reading Robert Yin's article, I realized that the data we present as scholars must be "aggressive", if not our work will be criticized. This was the case with Bergman as her lacked validity as her chosen research method was weak. Her work would have been must stronger and her data more aggressive if she would have taken a quantitative approach and used more than one research method. This demonstrates how any work that is written by anyone truly needs to be "bulletproof" if not, it can come under heavy fire....as is the case with my review of Bergman's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment