Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I just had to share...

Last night, or I suppose early morning, I had a dream about writing this paper! I was talking to someone about my research, I don’t remember who, and writing it down while I spoke. The person I was talking to thought it was brilliant and I thought what I was writing was brilliant. Seriously, you know those epiphany moments you can sometimes get when doing research or writing a paper and you can’t actually believe you thought of something so brilliant and your just so enormously pleased with yourself, well it was like that. So upon waking I sat up with the full intent of writing down all these brilliant dream induced ideas, but in the time it took for me to sit up and grab a pen and paper, something I always have by the bed for just such occasions, I managed to forget what I was writing/speaking about in the dream. I was so mad/upset with myself!

So my plan tonight is to go back into the dream and remember what I was talking about. I guess we’ll see if that works out.

2 comments:

  1. It didn't work :(
    I'll try again tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have issues forgetting those brilliant moments. Sometimes, instead of reaching for something to write it down with, it helps to go over the entire thing in great detail, over and over again, without even opening your eyes.

    ReplyDelete