Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Maybe a case study?

One of the comments on my mock SSHRC proposal was that my research question was interesting but too broad and I thought "oh great, now I'll have to change it for the final assignment". But, after listening in class and reading Yin's article I think I've found a way to narrow my scope without changing directions completely -- a case study!

As Yin described, a case study can be done using qualitative and quantitative data, which is exactly how I wanted to attack my research question.

So this is what I'm thinking... have any of you heard of vlogs? They're basically video-blogs. There is a guy on YouTube named Shay Carl who has been making a vlog every single day for a year and a half and he has quite a following.

Because of these daily vlogs I could do a case study on his life without actually meeting the guy.

This is all really rough and still churning in my head, but I'm getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment