Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's all downhill from here!

As my fellow bloggers posted, Luker’s Chapter 7 “Getting Down to the Nitty-Gritty” provides a useful ‘Big Picture’ of performing research using the salsa-dancing method. [Although at times, throughout the semester, the readings may have felt insignificant focusing on a broad range of research methods (and its various components), Knight’s and Luker’s books are all in all useful and comprehensive tools for learning about researching.] As usual, it is always nice to have a summary (instead of a whole book) to sum up ideas. This chapter nicely outlines, like solutions in a math equation, the steps in using the ‘salsa method’. It becomes quite evident the step that I am at for the final assignment within this course and the things that I still need to accomplish. However, as useful as this seems, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed about whether my paper will turn out the way I want it to. This feeling becomes worse as I realize its crunch time! Nevertheless, Luker assures that “when anxiety rears its ugly little head, start practicing telling the difference between useful anxiety (‘Look out! There are problems!”) from false anxiety (“No one has ever done this exactly this way before”) (154). As much as this seems encouraging, I can’t help but have my gut speak that it is the latter anxiety

Good luck to all! (at least I know that I am not the only one out there)

No comments:

Post a Comment